You can easily share your models with other hēRo3 users who are members of the same organization (academic users can share their models with other academic users). Sharing allows other hēRo3 users to see and open your models, which otherwise as a default would be accessible and visible only to you.
When you want to share a model with another hēRo3 user, you may customize your sharing so it is 'view-only' access or with 'full' access. With 'view-only' access, the recipients whom you designate will be able to view your model, run analyses, and change the values only of those variables to which you have given them access (by pinning them to the User Override Menu). 'Full' access means that your recipients can save a copy of the model you have shared with them to their own hēRo3 Workspace, and make changes to the copies that they have saved. Please note that your recipient’s access to the model may be further restricted by their user role. Any changes made to your model by someone with whom you have shared it will not be saved to your version of the model.
You may share models either by invitation or by allowing link-based sharing, as described below.
Sharing by Invitation
Sharing by Invitation allows you to share a model with other specific hēRo3 users in your organization. When you share a model by invitation, the recipients whom you designate will receive an email notifying them of the share, and your model will appear in the 'Shared with Me' section of their hēRo3 Workspace.
If you want to share one of your models by invitation, please do as follows:
- In the 'Your Models' section of the hēRo3 Workspace, under the Actions column click the button then click 'Share' next to the specific model that you want to share.
- In the pop-up window, select the option 'Only people I invite can view' under 'Sharing Status'.
- If you would like to share your model with one of your colleagues within your organization, use the 'Invite Colleagues' section, begin typing the name or email address of each person with whom you would like to share your model, and select the name of recipient from the list of suggested hēRo3 users. Repeat this process until you have designated all persons whom you would like to share your model by invitation. If you would like to share your model with a member of the hēRo3 staff, use the 'Invite hēRo3 Staff' section, begin typing the name or email address of each person with whom you would like to share your model, and select the name of recipient from the list of suggested hēRo3 staff members. Repeat this process until you have designated all persons whom you would like to share your model by invitation.
- Configure the desired permissions that you would like to give to each recipient, whether sharing should automatically expire at a future date, and, if so, for how many days your model should be shared.
- Click 'Send Invites'.
A list of hēRo3 users with whom you have shared a model will be shown under the “Who has been invited” section.
Link-based sharing makes it easy to share a model with a large number of other hēRo3 users without needing to send each one an individual invitation. If you have authorized link-based sharing with one of your models, any hēRo3 user in your organization can access the model by navigating to its unique URL, which is displayed in the address bar of your browser when your model is open. Please note that link-based sharing is always view-only.
If you want to share one of your models using link-based sharing, please do as follows:
- In the 'Your Models' section of the hēRo3 Workspace, under the Actions column click the button then click 'Share' next to the model you want to share.
- In the pop-up window, select the option 'Anyone with the link can view' under 'Sharing Status'.
- Click the 'X' in the top-right corner of the pop-up window.
- Open the model you want to share and copy the URL displayed in the address bar of your browser.
- Provide the URL to any hēRo3 user in your organization with whom you want to share your model.
Please note that when link-based sharing is enabled, you can still invite other hēRo3 users to access your model by invitation, as described above.